David wrote this Psalm when fleeing from his own son Absalom who had usurped the throne.
- I have so many enemies. Everywhere I turn they surround me.
- They are even saying “your Creator has abandoned you.”
- But you Lord, have never left me. You are always close and reassure me of your confidence in me.
- I pleaded with the Lord for help and he / she dropped what he / she was doing and came to support me.
- I was so tired I had to sleep where I was but when I woke up I was well rested because you had been with me, Lord.
- I do not care how many people oppose me or how boxed in I feel, when I know that you are with me.
- Get up Lord and deliver me, my Creator. Deal a knockout blow to my enemies. Cut off their power.
- You will defeat all evil, Lord. May you give life and support to all your followers.
© 2020 Andrew W. Kearns All Rights Reserved