Living the Lord’s way
- Those who have committed their whole lives to following the Lord are the most-happy people of all.
- Deep contentment characterises those who are completely focused on getting to know you and pleasing you.
- They stick to your guidance and do not get waylaid or distracted.
- You have selected us to live out your way of life.
- May I be a model follower who makes you proud.
- As I develop, I want you to be pleased with how well I do.
- May my effort and achievements show how grateful I am to you.
- I dedicate myself to achieving this – please be patient and stick with me.
- How can a young person stay focused? By sticking to the study plan that you have given them.
- I have tried hard to keep concentration – help me to keep to your plan and not get distracted.
- Your goals are the basis of all that I do, so that I do not get diverted and lose sight of your advice.
- There is nothing better than the approach that you have taught me, Lord.
- I have learned all your rules by reciting them out loud.
- Thinking of them brings a pleasure that money can’t buy.
- I will pour over your manual and study guide until it has sunk in.
- I am fascinated by learning from you and will always be grateful for all that you have shown me.
On your team
- Manage me well, that I may thrive and deliver the goals you have requested of me.
- I am pleased to be on your team – explain to me how you like us to work.
- I am still a newcomer – please take time to give me advice and feedback.
- My greatest wish is to see your team succeed and grow.
- There are those who doubt your methods, but it is clear that they are cynics and shirkers.
- They tease and insult me for taking your approach seriously – cover for me.
- Even your colleagues criticise me but I am determined to stick with our agreed plan.
- I am learning and thrive on the challenges that come my way. Your team is the best place for me.
Learning from failure
- I feel despondent, a real failure – pick me up and put me on my feet again.
- I shared my plans with you, now help me to learn where I went wrong.
- Help me to go back to basics and to understand what approach you would have taken.
- This sense of failure runs deep – help me to find the new opportunity it brings.
- Help me not to walk away to avoid the pain. I will reflect on your advice.
- I have taken on the assignment that you gave to me and I have fully committed myself to its success.
- Lord, I believe in your vision – do not let this set back reflect badly on me.
- You have helped me to learn the best approach and I am determined to deliver your goals.
- Lord, I want to be your life-long apprentice, learning from how you live.
- May I see the world the way you do and then follow your example.
- Nothing would please me more than to learn from you. Please open up the right opportunities.
- Show me how to set life-goals that make a difference to your world rather than ones which are solely for my benefit.
- I want my life to be driven by your purpose – help me to set my sights above the mundane.
- May your promise of a fulfilled life strengthen my determination as I aim to love you and learn from you.
- Help me to break my old and aimless habits and to learn your ways of living.
- I want my life to be one of which you are proud – make a new person of me.
Mentoring parent (1)
- Lord, please remind me of how much you love me and of the faith you have in me.
- I know that I can quell my inner doubts and demons by seeing myself as you see me.
- Knowing that you believe in me is all that keeps me going – please continue to reassure me.
- For my part, I will remember your advice and always follow it forever.
- I have been single-minded in understanding your guidance so that I instinctively do the right things.
- This is so much a part of me that I have confidently shared my experience with those in positions of great responsibility.
- Thinking of how your guidance has changed me gives me a sense of real fulfillment – I love your outlook on life.
- I will continue to observe how you live and to build my life on what I learn.
Mentoring parent (2)
- Your promise to stand by me is my best source of hope.
- When things are tough, I know that I can rely on you.
- The self-important do not rate me because I stick to your humble lifestyle.
- I keep returning to your timeless advice and I am still learning from it, Lord.
- I get frustrated with the arrogant who reject your guidance for living.
- But I have found that it works for me – wherever I am and whatever I do.
- Even as I go to sleep at night, I think about what you mean to me, Lord and I am determined to model myself on you.
- Nothing gives me more pleasure than for people to say of me “like Father, like Son.”
- Lord, you have given yourself to me. I promise to love you and all that you are.
- I want nothing more than to enjoy being with you. Remember your promise to love me – warts and all.
- My life was aimless until I met you. Now you are all that matters – you have become my life.
- Pleasing you in every moment and at every turn is my overriding desire.
- There are people who want to divert me, but my mind is set on loving you.
- Even when I awake at night, I smile thinking of ways to show you that I love you.
- I aim to make all your friends, my friends too, especially those who love you the most.
- The world is a great place to be when I see it through your eyes, Lord.
Parent to a young child
- You promised to love me and care for me, Lord and I see this in so many ways.
- I have learned to do as I am told, now teach me to think for myself.
- So often I got in to trouble when I ignored your instructions but now, I am quick to do what you say.
- You are good and want the best for me – teach me to be good too.
- I could easily be distracted by those who have no sense of purpose, but I have set my heart on what you have taught me.
- Their lives lack love, sympathy and common sense – all the things I love about you.
- When I make mistakes, it has brought me back to you, with ears ready to listen.
- I would rather be like you, than be rich but have no sense of responsibility.
- You made me according to your pattern and your have given me strengths and abilities – now give me the sense to live life your way.
- My trust is in the purpose you have for me – may those who have given up, find hope because of this.
- I sometimes wish that I could be someone that I am not – thank you Lord, that you put my feet back on the ground.
- You promised to love me completely and without reservation – may this knowledge be at the core of who I am.
- May you be close to me wherever I go and whatever I do – show me how to live.
- Help me to listen to you and not be distracted by those who claim to know better.
- Please help me to build strong friendships with people who love you too – may we learn from you together.
- May I see myself as you see me so that I have a strong sense of self-worth.
- My mind is a cacophony of jumbled feelings and I am desperate for the listening ear you promised.
- I can’t see any further than having time with you. When will that be?
- I have locked myself away, unable to take anymore criticism – my thoughts of you are my only comfort.
- Please come soon and help me to understand the criticisms I have taken.
- For their own ends they have attacked me and my work and have completely discredited me.
- I need your reassurance and advice – you always see things so clearly.
- It is only the thought of your friendship and wisdom that is keeping me going.
- Your friendship means the world to me – come and help me to get back on my feet again.
- The purpose of your organisation is focused and set forever, Lord.
- You are fully committed to its achievement through every era and you will remain so while time lasts.
- The “Lord’s Way”, which you developed at the Beginning, is still the best way of delivering your plans.
- I am fully motivated to play my part in achieving your goals – without this life would be meaningless.
- I will always stick to your groundrules for they give the direction I need when times are uncertain.
- Help me to set clear priorities which save me from being overwhelmed, for I am working hard to achieve your targets.
- Though there are plenty of obstacles and blockers, I am keeping a clear and focused mind on your goals.
- While all leadership styles come and go, the “Lord’s Way” will be the best practice for all time.
- I love reading your book and I keep thinking about all that you have written.
- Your wisdom makes me wiser than those who disagree with me because your ideas are relentless.
- My tutors are now struggling to teach me because I have learned so much – I can’t get your words out of my mind.
- Even those who have a lifetime of experience are surprised when they see how much I have learned. I will keep putting your thoughts in to practice.
- I have stuck exactly to your guidance, refusing to try what are called alternative ways.
- It is so easy to understand your teaching and I have stuck to every piece of advice.
- I cannot put your books down and when I am not reading them, I can’t stop thinking about them.
- I am sticking closely to your advice and guidance because the understanding you give is so clear.
- The treatment regime that you have given me shapes my life and it has brought me hope of a better future.
- I promised you that I would stick to it and I will – it will continue to be my daily routine.
- Illness had brought me much discomfort, Lord, but you have restored me to health.
- Thank you for you are knowledgeable, skilled and wise – continue to give me your guidance, Lord.
- Sometimes it seems like there is still a long way to go but I will stick to your plan.
- There are always temptations to cut corners or to take the easy option, but I will not get deflected.
- Your regime has become my most valuable and enduring asset, and it brings me much hope and happiness.
- I am determined to follow your plan while ever I have breath.
- I struggle with those who cannot accept the obvious – it is your life in me that gives me purpose.
- You have shaped me and that gives me hope, knowing that you will protect and guard me.
- I am dropping from my life all those who want to twist my thinking and distract me from my Creator.
- Stick to your promise to nurture and strength me – rebuild my hope when setbacks come.
- Keep me strong and I will come through – I will keep my mind focused on your guidelines.
- You have weeded out all those who could not stick to your plans. They are deluding themselves.
- You have identified those who were undermining your work and you have kicked them out – this has strengthened my resolve.
- I am scared of letting you down, but I am determined to live your life to the full.
Community police officer
- Don’t leave me alone to cope with my noisy neighbours for I have tried to be fair and reasonable.
- Please bring me some peace and quiet – don’t let these people continue their inconsiderate behavior.
- I am struggling to see an impact of your involvement so far and to see you deliver on your promise.
- I am in your hands – please act quickly to help me whilst showing me what I can do for myself.
- Help me to understand your approach to good relationships and then I can act on your advice.
- Lord, it is time for you to push them as they have ignored all your requests.
- But I have taken your advice as the best and only thing to do.
- You are right about how we should live together, and I hate the way that they ignore you.
- Your teaching is clear and precise – no wonder I am learning so quickly.
- Your classes are stimulating and relevant and even those who struggle in other subjects are learning quickly in yours.
- I get excited every time a lesson with you comes around, as you inspire me to learn.
- Please be patient when I misunderstand or gets things wrong, as you do with all your pupils.
- Check my understanding frequently so I do not get the wrong end of the stick for long.
- Protect me from those who tease me by calling me the teacher’s pet – then I will learn even better.
- Please continue to help and support me as you teach me throughout the year.
- I get really upset when other pupils bad-mouth you and your lessons.
- Lord, the rules are good for the game and you apply them fairly and consistently.
- I trust the decisions you make as they are always correct.
- People challenge your decisions too often and even the rules themselves and I loathe their attitude.
- You know the rules well and have overseen many games. I love your promise to do so with fairness and consistency.
- I might only be one player, but I do not forget who is in charge.
- Your fairness and impartiality are legendary, and you always explain your rulings.
- In the heat of the game, when I feel like administering my own justice, I am pleased to remember that you are in charge.
- May I play with a smile on my face and always leave you to manage the rest.
A team leader in tough times
- I really need your help, Lord. Give me your support and guidance and I will stick to it.
- Please listen to me – show me how I might proceed, and I will deliver your goals.
- I wake up long before dawn with my mind pouring over what to say to you. I need your help.
- My mind is racing so I cannot sleep at night, but I remember how you have stood beside me in the past.
- Your instinct is always to support your team and stick by them, Lord and this gives me confidence in you.
- I know the blockers are out to challenge me, but they are using me to get at you.
- You are sticking by me, Lord, encouraging me and your advice will see me through.
- I have always had confidence in you because you will always lead with care, fairness and respect.
Living in troubled times (1)
- Lord, I have not forgotten your promise to love and care for me, but I am sick with worry as we live in troubling times.
- Please understand my concern, stand by my side and keep your promise to protect me.
- The terrorists seem beyond help. They claim your name and your cause but all they spread is hate.
- Lord, you love and forgive all of us – please reassure me with your presence and care.
- There are many things said that worry and shake me, but I am focused on seeing things from your perspective.
- I am sickened by those who claim to know and serve you, but I do not recognise the God they preach.
- I love reading of your unending love for me, Lord – may your presence revive and restore me.
- Whatever is said and done, you are just, fair and true and you will lead forever.
Living in troubled times (2)
- The speeches and thoughts of the world’s leaders are a cause for concern, but your purpose is the one thing that challenges my heart.
- I get excited by your plans like someone making a great discovery.
- I love your honesty and openness but hate the half-truths and divisive messages that are so common.
- Above everything else you are fair and just, and I will remember this continually during the day.
- Those of us who listen to you have deep peace of mind and keep close to you.
- I can’t wait for the world to know you, Lord and in the meantime I will follow your example.
- I am modeling my character on yours because I love how you see things and what you do.
- Encourage me to be like you because you know all about me.
When I need to return to you
- Lord, my greatest desire is to be close to you – please give me a focused mind.
- Listen to my heartfelt prayers and show me that you hear them.
- You tell me how much I mean to you – teach me to tell you how much I love you.
- You speak to me about your plans for me – show me how to sing of what you mean to me.
- I want to love as you do – give strength to my weak hands.
- Lord, give me your wisdom as I have made a mess of my relationships and work.
- Your way of living is attractive – may others see how I live and then think of you.
- I have been so distant from you – so search me out because I have not forgotten you.
© 2021 Andrew W. Kearns All Rights Reserved