Note: David wrote and sung this Psalm to the Lord about what was said about him by Cush of the tribe of Benjamin.
- I need your protection, Lord my Creator. Please defend me against the attacks of these bullies.
- They seem intent on shredding my reputation and destroying my self-confidence and no-one wants to stand up for me.
- Lord my Creator, if it is me that’s in the wrong, or if I have behaved unfairly;
- If I have deserted a friend or attacked my adversary’s reputation with untruths;
- Then let these bullies prevail. May I learn about my faults by being knocked to my knees and having my reputation dragged through the dirt.
- Show your anger over what is happening, Lord. Give me protection from my opponent’s critical barrage and stand up for honesty and integrity.
- And not only for me – demand fairness for all who are oppressed and abused across the nations. Show all leaders your right to bring justice.
- Lord, you are the judge of all people. Pronounce that I am not guilty, for I am innocent of their accusations.
- Stop the wicked in their tracks and end their campaigns of abuse – defend the innocent against false accusations. For you can see each person’s motivation and you will do what is right, my Creator.
- He / She is my Creator and advocate; and fights for those who behave honestly and fairly.
- He / She is the One who makes right-minded judgments and who declares the oppressors and abusers guilty.
- He / She will not show mercy on the guilty when they show no remorse.
- He / She will sentence them with the full weight of the law.
- The evil hatch their devious schemes, their minds full of disturbing actions, and then they cover them up with insidious lies.
- They develop cruel plots to enslave their victims but get entangled themselves.
- The actions they intended have consequences that backfire on them. The destruction they planned for others, turns and destroys them.
- My heart is full of thanks to the Lord because he / she is fair and honourable; I will applaud the Lord who is the Greatest of all Time.
© 2020 Andrew W. Kearns All Rights Reserved