Note: a psalm that David gave to the choir director to arrange for the choir to sing to the accompaniment of a string orchestra.
- Turn things round, Lord, as the number of people following your ways is falling. Those who are sticking with you seem few and far-between.
- Colleagues say flattering things to each other, but it is no more than lies coming from insincere hearts.
- Lord, put an end to their dishonest flattery and their boastful speech.
- Their view is “We will say what we want. What right does anyone have to question us?”
- The Lord says how he / she feels – “I know what is happening – I see the attacks on the defenceless and the cries of the poor. They have been longing for me to do something – wait no longer.”
- When the Lord promises to do something, he / she delivers. He / she sticks firmly to his / her word.
- We know that you Lord, will protect the oppressed from the deceitful talk of this generation. You will care for them forever.
- You will do this because the people of this place are full of themselves and love and respect evil.
© 2020 Andrew W. Kearns All Rights Reserved