A psalm which David wrote and gave to the choir director to arrange.
- The people who are compassionate to those in need will find pleasure in living. The Lord will free them from the hardships that come their way.
- The Lord gives them life and is their guardian. He / she ensures that they succeed in the place that he / she has put them, and he / she delivers them from their opponents.
- The Lord supports them when they are unwell and returns them to full strength.
- “Forgive me, Lord, and be tender-hearted towards me,” I begged. “Restore me even though I have wronged you, my Healer.”
- My oppressors are in my face saying malicious things – “let it be the end of him and then we can forget him altogether.”
- They pretend to be caring friends when they come but I know that they are looking for scandal which they can spread around when they leave.
- All who despise me picture the worst about me and then gossip it around.
- “He is dying and will never get up again,” they say.
- Even my soulmate in whom I had complete confidence and with whom I shared everything, has deserted me.
- Take pity on me, Lord. Heal me and restore me so that I can put them in their place.
- I know that you are happy with me for you have ensured that my adversaries have not got the better of me.
- I am still alive because you have sustained me. You know that I am blameless, and you have given me a place in your family for all time.
- Pay tribute to the Lord, the Creator, the one who gave life to my ancestors. He / she is the God of eternity, who was there at the beginning of time and will be at the end.
Let everyone agree with this.
© 2021 Andrew W. Kearns All Rights Reserved