A psalm which David gave to the choir director to arrange.
- I let out a plea for help and paused with resignation. The Lord heard me and stopped to help.
- He / she tugged on my arm and pulled me clear of the swamp. He / she put me on safe ground and let me lean on him / her for support.
- His / her help has caused my heart to fill with joy, so I sing a song of thanks to my Creator. Those around have noticed my rescue and, in their amazement, have put their hope in the Lord.
- Gratitude characterises those who hope in the Lord rather than in the latest celebrity or fashion.
- Lord my Creator, you have amazed us with your many exploits and your proposals for our future are too many to retain. There is no-one like you. There is not enough time to recount all your startling achievements even if I could recall them.
- You take no pleasure in ceremonies or gifts. You have tried to tell me this before and I have finally grasped it – I cannot earn your forgiveness and I am unable to buy your friendship.
- I said, “I have come to be with you. I have read your book and understand how you like things to be.
- You have placed your purpose in my heart, and it is my pleasure to play my role in achieving it, my Creator.”
- I have spoken out boldly about the need for justice to anyone who will listen – you have seen me do this, Lord.
- I could have kept quiet but instead my heart has bubbled over with recounting stories of your even-handedness, your trustworthiness and your liberating power. I have spoken openly to your followers about your never-ending love and devotion, to anyone who would listen.
- Lord please be tender-hearted towards me. May your never-ending love and devotion always safeguard me.
- I am overwhelmed by hardships, trapped in by many problems. My own offences weigh me down and they dominate my thinking. I can’t find a way forward and this has drained all my confidence.
- Lord, please free me. I need your support – please be quick.
- Please handle those who are trying to ruin my reputation – may they be embarrassed and discredited. May those who take pleasure in my hardship experience loss of face.
- Let all those who gloated and said, “finally we have taken him down,” be frightened when they themselves are humiliated.
- May all who seek you, find deep delight and pleasure in you. May all those who loved your rescue shout “The Lord is remarkable.”
- For myself, being disadvantaged and destitute, may I be in the Boss’s thoughts. You are my guardian and deliverer, please be quick to help, my Creator.
© 2021 Andrew W. Kearns All Rights Reserved