A psalm written by Asaph and given to the Choir Director to arrange to be sung to the tune called “Do Not Destroy”.
- We are grateful to you our Creator. We are grateful to you because you stick close to us. Right round the world, people recount your amazing feats.
- The Creator says, “I want to see fairness, so I will judge the depraved myself, but I will do it in my own time.
- When there are natural disasters and when the people are in uproar, I hold all things together.”
- “I have just given advanced notice to the arrogant, ‘Stop blowing your own trumpet!’ To the vicious I have said, ‘Stop trying to pick a fight.’
- ‘Any fight you pick will be with me and all my forces. I suggest you think before you speak out your challenge.’
- It will not be wise for anyone on earth, wherever they are from and whatever support they have, to start a fight.
- Only the Creator has the responsibility to pass judgement. He / she alone decides whose star is in the ascendancy and who has had their day.
- The Lord decides on the verdict for each person and he / she does this fairly. When he / she passes sentence, the guilty must accept it because no-one can defy his / her judgement.
- As for me, I will bear witness to what the Creator has done for me. He / she has brought me into his / her family and so I will adore him / her while ever I have breath.
- The Creator promises, “I will remove the might of the unprincipled but give strength to those who love and follow me.”
© 2021 Andrew W. Kearns All Rights Reserved