A psalm written by Asaph and given to the Choir Director to arrange for it to be sung to the accompaniment of a string orchestra.
- The Creator is greatly respected by all his / her followers; he / she has a strong reputation with all his / her family.
- He / she lives in the hearts and lives of all who love him / her, and he / she is present when they meet to worship.
- He / she stays with his / her people to protect them from the attacks of their oppressors – the snide comments, the verbal attacks and the physical assaults.
- You are more distinguished than the world’s greatest leaders and more impressive than all the large mountain ranges.
- Our most brazen oppressors have been laid waste. They have been defeated and will not gather themselves to return again. You protect us against all who would attack us.
- Creator, you blow them away and disarm them with one blast of your breath.
- People are wise to be apprehensive about you. No-one can challenge you when you see injustice being perpetrated.
- Your authority dominates the universe and the earth anxiously waits to hear you pronounce sentence on those who oppress and abuse.
- Creator, you enter your courtroom to pass judgement on those who are malicious and cruel, and you release those who have been unfairly deprived of their freedom.
- When people chose to oppose your ways, it provides an opportunity for you to show your kind-heartedness.
- Commit yourself to the Lord our Creator, for all time. Let everyone acclaim him / her as the most extraordinary leader.
- He / she crushes those who believe that they are entitled to their position of power. Wise leaders have learned to show him / her respect.
© 2021 Andrew W. Kearns All Rights Reserved