A psalm written by Asaph and given to the Choir Director for arranging to be sung to the accompaniment of a guitar.
- Chant the name of the Creator who gives us life. Acclaim the Creator who is head of our family.
- Go for it! Strike the drums. Let rip with the keys and guitars.
- Agree a time for the church to adore him together. Let everyone come and join in the celebration.
- This is what his / her followers are committed to do – it’s what makes them distinctive.
- It’s how they keep in mind his / her great act of rescue.
A voice I did not recognise spoke out:
- “You are carrying the weight of other people’s expectations and are dominated by their to-do lists. I will set you free from all this.
- I heard your pleas to be freed from these entanglements and I released you with a great show of strength. All you needed was not always on tap, but I was faithful and trustworthy.”
- “Now is the time for some direct talking. Pay close attention so that you hear what I have to say.
- All too easily you forget that I am the Main Thing and other priorities get pride of place.
- Remember, it was I, your Lord and Creator, and I alone, who liberated you to experience real fulfilment. Open your arms and I will give everything you may ever need or desire.”
- “The trouble is that you don’t pay attention. You want to do things in your own way.
- So, I left you to it. I let you do your own thing – following your own dreams and desires.
- It would be much better if you took notice of me, committing yourselves to be my followers.
- I would immediately get the better of your oppressors and restrain your antagonists.
- Those who loathe what the Lord stands for would recoil, recognising that their strength has gone for ever.
- But as for you, my family, I will give you the best of everything to satisfy your needs and to give you true fulfilment.”
© 2021 Andrew W. Kearns All Rights Reserved