A psalm written by Asaph.
- The Creator is the president of the Courts of Justice for the whole of creation, both the areas we see and those we don’t.
- He / she asks those in power, “Why is it that your decisions favour the powerful and oppressors? Why are your rulings unfair?”
- He / she gives them the following guidelines: “Be fair to those who are destitute and parentless; give full rights to those who are downtrodden and impoverished.
- Liberate the disadvantaged and vulnerable from the control of the malicious and corrupt.
- These tyrants are foolish and oblivious to the consequences of their actions. While they blindly carry on, the whole world is in uproar from the resulting chaos.
- They describe themselves as children of the Creator, the Greatest-of-all-Time.
- However, they are exactly like every other person – they too will die, and their powerbase will crumble.”
- Put on your gown, Creator and take you seat in the court. Pronounce judgement on the earth, for the whole world needs your justice.
© 2021 Andrew W. Kearns All Rights Reserved