A song written by Asaph
- Creator, you must have something to say! Are you listening? Please make a response, my God.
- You must hear the commotion coming from your opponents. Aren’t you aware that they think they cannot be challenged and that they are in revolt?
- They are plotting against your followers and are manoeuvring against those closest to you.
- “Let us break up those who follow him / her,” they say, “so that no-one talks about him / her again.”
- They are all agreed to this, forming an unholy alliance against you and your memory.
- In the alliance there are distant relatives, people who once followed you and those we have disagreed with over many years.
- There are those who have always opposed us, often confronting us head on, and those who are jealous of our success.
- They have been joined by newer groups, who care nothing about truth and justice. Their wish is to dominate and control.
- We remember how you protected us in the past. When we were overwhelmed by many people of no faith who tried to humiliate us into abandoning you.
- You raised up leaders who strengthened our faith and our opponents became dismayed by their inability to influence events.
- When we were bombarded by the powerful arguments of some arrogant and powerful thinkers, you demonstrated the reality of your power and presence.
- They would have destroyed our communities who worship the Creator, but it was they who were thrown into confusion.
- My Creator break up those who try to oppose you. May their arguments turn on each other and may their alliance breakdown.
- May the reality of your presence rock their certainty and ignite their doubts.
- Hound them with your love and disarm them with your care.
- May they become ashamed of their intellectual arrogance and humbly accept your call of love, Lord.
- May everyone who resists your invitation be haunted by their doubts and challenged by your values.
- May those who oppose you, understand that only you are the Lord, the Greatest-of-all-Time, the one who sustains the whole universe, both what we see and all that we can’t.
© 2021 Andrew W. Kearns All Rights Reserved