A psalm written by David
- May all that I am – every breath, every movement, every thought, every feeling – acclaim the Lord. I will adore him / her and chant his / her name.
- May all that I am – my hopes, my loves, my dreams, my strengths – acclaim the Lord. I will always remember his / her loving kindness towards me.
- He / she overlooks my wrongdoings and restores me to wholeness.
- My life was aimless, and my end seemed clear and final, but he / she gave me unending life and showered me with his / her boundless love and tender-heartedness.
- My life has become satisfying because of all he / she gives to me. I am revitalised as though my life has started all over again.
- The Lord draws alongside those who are oppressed guaranteeing them fairness and goodness.
- He / she shows his / her personality and nature through Jesus, and his / her followers see his / her exploits.
- The Lord is kind and tender-hearted, he / she does not become easily displeased and his / her love is inexhaustible.
- It is not in his / her nature to be always making allegations and if he / she does become irritated, it will soon be over.
- He / she does not aim to teach us a lesson over our every wrongdoing or handle us severely, even though that would be warranted.
- He / she loves those of us who respect him / her with an inexhaustible love. It is boundless filling the universe.
- He / she takes the wrongdoings for which we are responsible, and he / she separates them from us so that there is no guilt or shame.
- The Lord loves us with a father’s / mother’s love – he / she is sympathetic and caring towards all who love him / her in return.
- He / she is familiar with how inadequate we are; he / she recalls that without his / her creative act we would not exist at all.
- Long as they seem to us, in the span of time our lives are short – we flourish and we die.
- Events bring change, and are lives are soon over – as quickly as we arrive, we are forgotten leaving no legacy.
- In contrast, the Lord’s love is boundless and inexhaustible towards those who respect him / her and to their children and grandchildren.
- He / she is loyal to those who are committed to him / her – to those who follow his / her direction.
- The Lord is the leader of everything in the universe – all that we can see and all that is hidden from view. He / she ensures that everything sticks to the maker’s instructions.
- Delight in the Lord, all his / her hidden workers, who with strength and purpose execute his / her plans, paying attention to his / her specific requirements.
- Yes, adore the Lord, the commander of all creation’s forces; may you his / her followers, look to him / her and follow his / her instructions.
- Let all the variety of things he / she made, acclaim him/ her – everything, everywhere – all things in his / her universe.
May all that I am – every breath, every movement, every thought, every feeling – acclaim the Lord.
© 2021 Andrew W. Kearns All Rights Reserved