This song was sung by the travelers to Jerusalem as they climbed up towards the city.
- From the early days we have been criticised by those outside the church. Let us all reflect on this.
- From the early days we have been criticised by those outside the church, but we have never been intimidated.
- We are battered and bruised as though we have taken a severe beating.
- But the Lord is good, and he has ensured that we are free to live as he / she wants.
- May all who hate the church understand the shameful things they do.
- May they be as ineffective as a neglected house, abandoned to the elements,
- Deserted by the owner and ignored by any buyers.
- They have put themselves outside the care of the Lord’s people and their prayers of blessing: The Lord show you his / her favour; we ask the Lord to give you his / her presence.
© 2021 Andrew W. Kearns All Rights Reserved