Version 1: the cry of the refugees
- Among the tents of our makeshift camp, our hope drips away with our tears as we think of the home we have been forced to leave behind.
- We have hidden away our stories and songs as they are too painful to recall.
- Our oppressors robbed us of our hope and identity as they robbed us of our homes.
- How can we celebrate our identity in the Lord, when we live from the gifts of people we do not know?
- If I forget my home and my life there, I will have lost all my faith and hope.
- May I lose my voice, and may my songs stick in my mouth if I forget my family who died and the joy I have in your presence.
- Lord, remember those who armed our aggressors and those who saw it happen and did nothing.
- May those who defeat our enemies experience real victory as they repay those who caused our torment.
- May our aggressors be robbed of their future and their freedom as they have robbed us of ours.
© 2021 Andrew W. Kearns All Rights Reserved