Version 2: being far from the Lord
- My heart is breaking, tears roll down my cheeks, as I think of how far from you I feel.
- I have set aside my favourite worship songs and bible passages as they no longer speak to me of you.
- The voice in my head says, “if there was a God he / she would not let this happen” and I can fight it no longer.
- How can I sing in worship when nothing around me speaks of your presence, Lord?
- But I remember being in your presence and giving you my deepest worship.
- May being with you be my highest goal – more than all my other hopes.
- The life I live, Lord, speaks so little of you – it sucks your joy and presence from me.
- Yet this is the world for whom you died and the world you want me to work with you to free.
- Fill me with your Spirit, so that I may bring your life to all those places that do not know you.
© 2021 Andrew W. Kearns All Rights Reserved