A psalm of David
- Keep close to me, my God, for I have made following you my life’s purpose.
- I said to the Lord, “You are the Boss. You have given me all the best things in my life.”
- I love to be around those who belong to you. They are my role models.
- By contrast, those who chase after life’s pleasures seem to stumble from crisis to crisis. I distance myself from their tastes and lifestyle.
- Lord, you are every pleasure I have, every good thing I receive, every protection I need.
- You make me one of your children and that is all I could ever desire.
- I am grateful for all that you teach me – guiding me during the day and tutoring me as I sleep.
- You are right beside me, wherever I go and whatever I do. Nothing will catch me out.
- My heart is delighted, my mind is full of thanks and my body is free of stress.
- Even when it comes to my death, you will care for me and give me life in your presence.
- Continue to guide my life, giving me the pleasure of your company and the satisfaction of living with you forever.
© 2021 Andrew W. Kearns All Rights Reserved