A prayer of David’s
- I petition you for a fair judgment Lord. Listen to my appeal for your support and review my heart-felt request.
- Please declare me to be innocent for you are the best judge of who does right.
- You have cross-examined my heart and questioned my thoughts as I sleep. You have probed my motives and found them to be sound. You know that I am resolved to speak only the truth.
- I have kept your laws and have avoided those who are cruel and oppressive.
- My mind has been fixed on you as my role model and I have not vacillated from this.
- I am crying to you, my God, because I know that you will respond to me. Come close and listen to my pleas.
- Reveal your inexhaustible love for me in extraordinary ways for I know that you save those who want respite from the torment of their demons.
- Protect me as you would your very self. Cocoon me in your care.
- I feel under attack from my tormentors and from those who want my very soul – guard and envelope me.
- They are tireless in their assaults and in their taunts.
- I feel hunted and can sense them outmanoeuvring me, waiting for their chance.
- Like hungry and persistent predators, I cannot see them but I know that they are there.
- Stand tall, Lord – braced and ready for action. Bring them to their knees in submission. Save me from my tormentors.
- Neutralise those who value nothing but immediate gain. But support and care for your family, giving them what they need to prosper for many generations.
- You will show yourself to me because I follow your guidelines and live the right way. When I wake up, I will be content to be free to look you in the eye.
© 2021 Andrew W. Kearns All Rights Reserved