Note: a psalm that David gave to the Choir Director.
- The universe demonstrates the genius of my God, the creator. Look at the skies and you will see the precision of his / her work.
- Each and every day shows the colour and variety of his / her creativity; night after night shows depth, light and movement.
- They do not deliver a speech or try and attract attention, but their message is clear.
- Wherever you are or whoever you are, the significance is beyond doubt.
Take the sun that dominates our skies – it declares the brilliance of God’s creation.
- It shines with more delight than the partner who has just married the love of their life. Like the long-distance runner, it dashes across the sky with stamina and resilience.
- In the morning, its rise signals the dawn and it races across the sky until sunset, warming everything in its path.
- The Lord gives insight about who he / she is, and this revitalizes one’s inner being. The Lord gives wise and dependable advice so that the unsophisticated know the best course of action.
- His / her groundrules are balanced and practical, giving a freedom of spirit. When the Lord issues instructions, they are clear and make living easier.
- It is a natural thing to admire the Lord deeply and those who get it, never stop. He / she sets laws so that the world works in a just and safe way.
- His / her presence is the most valuable thing there is – more precious than the most sought-after jewel and more satisfying than the best meal.
- It helps me to keep my life on track and maintaining my relationship with you gives me the greatest pleasure.
- How can I identify the wrong motives and thoughts hiding in my heart? Only you can identify and fix these flaws.
- Set your student free from premeditated offences – break the hold they have on me – so that there may be an end to my shame, and I will be innocent in your presence.
- May my heart pour over the way you have given me my freedom and stuck with me as my closest friend. May I give you pleasure by thinking and speaking of you often
© 2021 Andrew W. Kearns All Rights Reserved