A psalm of David
- Judge the case against me, Lord and find me “not guilty”, for I have behaved with real honesty and I have relied on you without hesitating.
- Try the case against me and cross-examine my defence, Lord. Scrutinize my intentions and examine my character.
- I know how deeply you have loved me, and I have been loyal to you in response.
- I avoid spending time with liars or holding conversations with cheats.
- I loathe meeting those whose actions are dishonest, and I hate working with those who love to cause offense.
- I swear to you that I am innocent of any evil. May I spend time in your presence, Lord so that I can:
- Express my thanks for your commitment to me and my gratitude for all that you have done for me.
- I long to be with you, Lord, in the place where you are most relaxed so I can get to know the real you.
- Please forgive me so that I do not receive the sentence of a repeat offender. Let me not be convicted as though I have committed a serious offence.
- For the minds of the wicked are focused on making money from devious schemes.
- But I avoid all those things and I concentrate on living with honesty. Show me your leniency and compassion.
- With your support, Lord, I can rely on a fair judgement and I will tell everyone about all that you have done for me.
© 2021 Andrew W. Kearns All Rights Reserved