A Psalm of David
- The Lord has planned my route and will guide my trip. What is there to concern me? The Lord is my eyes and ears and he / she has my back. Who is there to frighten me?
- When I become a target for the critics and it seems that everyone wants to find fault with me, they will lose their direction and purpose.
- Though everything around me is going wrong, my heart will not lose courage. Even when there seems no way forward, I will remain hopeful.
- I have asked the Lord for my biggest desire – the thing I hope for the most – “let me be in your family and live in your home every day of my life.” I will thrive in his / her presence and enjoy listening to him / her and learning from him / her.
- He / she will draw me close when the problems mount and surround me with his / her care. He / she will keep my head above the rising waters.
- I will see my troubled life from his / her perspective – knowing his / her strength and care. When we are alone, my words and gratitude will pour out in whispers, in songs and in shouts to the Lord.
- I would like your help with so many things, Lord. Please listen and answer me.
- I heard you say, “let’s sit and talk together” and nothing would please me more.
- Do not squeeze our time together or get frustrated with my pettiness. You have always been there for me, especially when times are tough. Please stay close to me, my Creator.
- I know that even if my closest family and friends let me down, the Lord will stick with me.
- Be my mentor and help me to navigate my route. There are so many things to trip me up so keep close and give me your advice.
- Stop me from taking the criticism and abuse to heart. Keep me free from believing their lies.
- I am certain that in my lifetime I will see the Lord’s people flourishing under his / her love and care.
- Let’s wait patiently for the Lord to do this. In the meantime, let us trust in him / her and be confident. Yes, let’s wait patiently for the Lord to do this.
© 2021 Andrew W. Kearns All Rights Reserved