A psalm of David
- You are my soul mate, Lord, and I plead with you to listen to me. If you are distant, it will feel as though my life has lost its purpose.
- I plead for you to show your sympathy to me, as I desperately need your support. I am on my knees begging for your help.
- Do not lump me together with those who do evil things – on the surface they appear to be friendly, but their hearts are full of malicious plans.
- Their actions require punishment so that they experience their just desserts. May their own schemes turn around on them – may they experience what they planned for others.
- They do not think about the Lord’s care and support and they are reckless with what he / she has made. He / she will overthrow their destructive organisations, once and for all.
- The Lord has heard my pleas and I adore him / her.
- The Lord protected and strengthened me when I was vulnerable. I rely on him / her with my whole heart. Because of his / her support, I am content. I am singing and shouting with love for him / her.
- The Lord encourages and care for his / her family. He / she protects his / her chosen leader from attack.
- Deliver your followers and be with those who you love with a passion. Guide and advise them as their leader – may they always know your strong embrace.
© 2021 Andrew W. Kearns All Rights Reserved