A psalm of David
- Let his / her whole family applaud the Lord; in the light of his / her dignity and power, show him / her the greatest respect.
- Acclaim the Lord for the greatness of his / her character. Contemplate the grandeur of his / her goodness and adore him / her.
- The vastness of the oceans speaks of the Lord’s restless spirit. The roar of the breakers shout of the greatness of my God.
- The Lord speaks with creative force and pronounces impressive knowledge.
- The commands of the Lord have greater power than a hurricane that destroys strong and beautiful trees.
- His / her orders have the power to open extinct volcanoes and to create new peaks out of molten lava.
- One of the Lord’s words can strike forcefully with sudden brilliance and alarm.
- He / She speaks his / her mind and the earth quakes; the Lord’s judgements shake the wastelands of the world.
- When the Lord rebukes, he / she has the authority to bend the strongest ego and to remove the arrogance of a proud people. In his / her home, his / her family and followers shout praise.
- The Lord can tame even the wildest floods. He / she presides over the safe functioning of the earth for all time.
- He / she gives power and determination to all his / her followers. The Lord gives them his / her presence and wholeness.
© 2021 Andrew W. Kearns All Rights Reserved