A psalm of David which he wrote to be sung at the dedication of the temple, after his death.
- I adore you Lord, for you have delivered me. My opponents were strong, but you were stronger, and you put them in their place.
- I pleaded with you when my health was failing and you, my Lord, Creator and Healer, restored my strength.
- My life was slipping away but you, Lord, kept me from passing on.
- Let us worship the Lord together. Let us shout his name in praise.
- His annoyance with us is short-lived, whereas his approval lasts for our whole lives. There might be dark periods of pain and tears, but the light of his presence soon brings joy.
- When I experienced success, I arrogantly said “I have made it.”
- But it was your kindness and support that had given me security and success, Lord. When you turned your back on me, my world came crashing down.
- I pleaded with you Lord, crying out to you to be tender-hearted,
- What will be achieved if I die; if I am lost to the world? Will my ashes worship you? Will they recall how dependable you have been?
- Please listen Lord and show me sympathy. Please help me.
- You have transformed my despair into elation. You blew away the dark clouds and I stand in the dawn of your presence,
- Singing songs of worship to you at the top of my voice. Lord my Creator, I will never stop showing you my heart-felt gratitude.
© 2021 Andrew W. Kearns All Rights Reserved