A psalm from the Korah family, given to the Choir Director to arrange.
- O Creator, we all know the story as it is passed down in our family – the story of all that did for our ancestors.
- You gave them a new land in which to live, driving out peoples who did not follow you. You liberated them by quashing their oppressors.
- It was not their military might that allowed them to triumph or their strength of arms. It was your courage and determination, your transforming presence, and the reassurance of your love.
- You are my leader and my Creator, and you still bring success to your people.
- It is your strength that allows us to overcome oppression, and it is your character that unites us to defy our opponents.
- I cannot rely on my physical strength or the force of my determination to bring freedom.
- You alone bring success in delivering justice and you shame those who would oppose us.
- In every waking moment we adore you, our Creator and we will pay tribute to your courage and integrity for ever.
- But you no longer stand with us and we are humiliated. We are leaderless and do not know which way to turn.
- You have left us under attack from those who hate who we are and our stand for justice is in decline.
- You have crushed our strength and purpose, and we have lost our unity.
- What have you gained from our loss of control and the shredding of our reputation?
- Our former partners now ridicule us and those we sort to help, hold us in contempt.
- They make fun of our shame and pretend to be sympathetic about our downfall.
- The disgrace of our situation is ever present, and everyone can see how uncomfortable we are.
- Every moment brings new gibes as our opponents push home their advantage.
- Why is this? You are front and centre of all our thoughts and we have kept the promises we made to you.
- You have first place in our hearts, and we have followed all your guidelines and advice.
- But you have humiliated us, cutting us off from all hope and support. We have lost our vision and future.
- Could we have neglected our devotion to our Creator or placed our hope and trust in someone else’s leader?
- Our Creator would definitely have noticed this as there is nothing which escapes his / her attention.
- For your purpose, we are dying a little each day; we are defenceless and unprotected, open to all attacks.
- Stir yourself, Boss. Are you asleep? Please end this separation – reach out to us.
- Why are we not the focus of your attention? Why do you turn a blind eye to our anguish and mistreatment?
- We are fainting from exhaustion, not having the strength to pick ourselves up.
- Pick us up and support us. Free us because of your undying love.
© 2021 Andrew W. Kearns All Rights Reserved