A psalm which David gave to the Choir Director to arrange to be sung to the tune of “Lily of the Testimony.” It is to be used for training, as it recalls the time when David fought Aram-naharaim and Aram-zobah, and Joab commanded the army to defeat and kill 12,000 invading Edomites in the Valley of Salt.
Note: there are some common verses with Psalm 108, but I have not copied the text but reworked it afresh.
- You have discarded us, our Creator, and have left us wide open to attack. You have been exasperated with us but please give us your backing.
- We are standing on shaky ground – nothing seems certain. Do not let us fall apart but be our healer.
- Your judgement seems so harsh and we have lost our ability to stand firm.
- But you have called out to those who love and respect you – your presence has become our hope even though we feel under threat.
- Because of you love for us, liberate us. Respond to our pleas and use your strength to release us.
- Our Creator made a promise a long time ago to give us this land, ensuring that we all have somewhere to live.
- He / she wanted everyone to belong and to have a home. He / she provided people to protect and care for us and leaders to give us his / her direction.
- But those who would disrupt and assault our way of life will not succeed but will serve us.
- Who will care for us and protect us? Who will give us success against our oppressors?
- Will you continue to ignore us, our Creator? Will you no longer offer your guidance and protection?
- Come close and assist us because there is nothing we can do to help ourselves.
- But with your support and strength, our Creator, we will achieve audacious things. You will overthrow our oppressors.
© 2021 Andrew W. Kearns All Rights Reserved