A psalm which David gave to the Choir Director to arrange.
- Creator, please hear my grievance and then act to safeguard me from those who would oppress me.
- The bullies develop schemes to target me – please defend me.
- They plan their verbal attacks, aiming to inflict the maximum hurt.
- Targeting anyone who is honest, they lay into people with venom and arrogance.
- They goad one another on in their hate and plot together behind closed doors, thinking that no-one knows what they are like.
- Their scheming gives them great pleasure especially when they create a plan which will inflict terrible pain but expose them to little risk. That is how devious they are.
- But my Creator will not stand by. He / she will act quickly to disrupt their plans.
- He / she will use their own words to ruin them and those who observe this will treat them with disgust.
- They will be taken aback by the amazing actions of the Creator and will respect and pay tribute to him / her.
- His / her followers will take pleasure in the Lord and find security in his / her presence. Those who love integrity will cheer him / her on.
© 2021 Andrew W. Kearns All Rights Reserved