For the family of Korah, the place to worship the Lord was Jerusalem. We believe that the Lord is with his people wherever they are and I have reimagined this psalm as a song of celebrating the Lord’s love for the church and the diversity of its members.
Psalm 87 reimagined
A song sung by many generations of Korah’s family.
- He / she loves to be with his / her people. This is where his / her heart is.
- More than all other groups of people, the Lord loves the church the most.
- You are the Creator’s family and magnificent stories are told of you.
- My church is made up of many followers including those who opposed my people and those who took them captive; those who have fought them and those who have traded with them; and many others from around the world.
- In his / her church, everyone is his / her child. The Greatest-of-all-Time will show his / her loving kindness to them.
- The Lord has more than enough spaces in his / her church for followers from every country and people.
- His / her followers will make praises to him / her led by many instruments, and they will sing “The Spirit of the Lord gives life to the church.”
© 2021 Andrew W. Kearns All Rights Reserved