A prayer written by Moses – he was Creator’s man.
- Through every era, Boss, you have been everything we need to live.
- You existed before time – before the mountains appeared. In fact, you created everything. You were there at the start and will be at the end, our God.
- You call time on our lives, deciding when our end has come.
- You see time differently. For you a thousand years are like a busy day or short night.
- For us, our lives go by so quickly. At the start, life offers so many hopes and dreams.
- Yet, what was once so full of promise, has passed by in a flash and we are left disappointed by unfulfilled desires.
- We become only too aware of how much we let you down. We can drown feeling that you are annoyed and displeased with us.
- You know all that there is to know about us – our wrongdoings and faults. Nothing is hidden from you.
- It feels as though we live our lives disappointing you and we pass on with many regrets.
- A good life would be to reach 70 and a few people live to be 80. You called me to my greatest work at 80 and even these years, my best, have flown by, and have been tough and challenging.
- How deep is your frustration with us? Do we have to fear you to show you the respect you deserve?
- May we learn to appreciate the transitory nature of life so that we learn to live wisely.
- Lord, return to us and do not hold back. Be tender-hearted towards your followers.
- At the start of each day, fills us with your inexhaustible love, and we will take delight in adoring you, until our final breath.
- Our hearts have been full of sorrow – fill them instead with delight. We have lived through disastrous times – may we know your kind-hearted provision.
- We are your followers – may we see new accomplishments from you and experience your greatness.
- Lord, our Creator, please smile your pleasure upon us and turn our exertions into achievements. Yes, turn our exertions into achievements
© 2021 Andrew W. Kearns All Rights Reserved