- When the descendants of Jacob escaped from slavery in Egypt,
- The new country that he / she gave them became his / her home too and he / she became their leader.
- The Red Sea saw their escape and dramatically cleared a path for them to walk through. The River Jordan, though in flood, amazingly dried up to allow them to cross.
- The mountains came to life in celebration and the hills waved with joy.
- Why did you dramatically clear a path, Red Sea? River Jordan, what made you dry up whilst in flood?
- And you, mountains, what made you come to life in celebration? And you hills, why did you wave with joy?
- The earth trembles when the Lord is present in all his / her power – it was the presence of Jacob’s God which caused these things.
- When the people were dying of thirst, he / she turned a solid rock into a pool of water. Amazingly, a stream flowed from a solid boulder.
© 2021 Andrew W. Kearns All Rights Reserved