A Psalm of David
- The Lord is completely reliable and trustworthy. He / she gives me the right words to say and enables me to exert my influence.
- He / she cares about how well I do and steers me through challenging interactions. He / she listens to my frustrations and gives me support when I fail. With his / her guidance my advice wins the day.
- Why do you pay attention to people, Lord? Why do you bother with them – flawed as they are?
- Their lives are held by a thin thread and are over in a flash.
- Lord, you could hide away in the comfort of your own place, but I beg you, tear open your door and show yourself. Make an entrance that captures everyone’s attention.
- Shine your light where it is not wanted so injustice and hatred retreat. Confuse those who perpetrate them with the strength of your opposition.
- Come from your home and draw alongside me. Lift me out of my troubles and protect me from those who are attacking me.
- Your presence will challenge those who claim to say what is right but twist the truth to their own ends.
- My heart is full of gratitude because of your love for me. I will sing, shout and whisper new words of love to you, my Creator.
- You turn my failings into new opportunities to work for you. You brought me through when all hope was lost.
- Protect me from those who are attacking me. Your presence will challenge those who claim to say what is right but twist the truth to their own ends.
- May our children learn all they can whilst their minds are still developing. May they gain experience, which helps them to lead and serve with humility.
- May we have all that we need to live and to provide for the needs of others.
- May our work be fulfilling and successful. May we live in your presence, free from physical attack, security fears and anxieties for the future.
- Those for whom the Lord cares will be thrilled with all that he / she does. Those who want to follow the Lord, their Creator, above all else, will be delighted.
© 2021 Andrew W. Kearns All Rights Reserved